Thanks for including Audible Magic in your job search!
Audible Magic is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We've been successfully in business since 1999, providing products and services to identify, manage, and monetize the use of digital media content.
Here's a brief summary of what our employees like best about working at Audible Magic:
- The people are helpful, smart, creative, and capable, yet don't have big egos.
- The work is interesting, varied, and challenging and everyone has the opportunity to make an impact on our business.
- The work environment is supportive and we have a strong belief in open communications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and our benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Health and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for health care and dependent day care)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are interested in joining us, you should know that we take the interview process very seriously. We strive to find candidates who have strong technical capabilities but are also a good fit for the Audible Magic work environment. You should expect a couple of telephone interviews and at least two on-site interviews. Also, keep in mind:
- Our focus is on local candidates, we do not offer relocation benefits.
- You must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- We do not accept third party / agency resumes or phone calls and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your background and the specific position you are interested in along with a resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Support Engineer
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for multiple Audible Magic products and services to higher education customers. The primary product responsibly covers the CopySense Network Appliance. The primary customers supported include network management and security staff at universities and ISPs.
- Develops an in-depth technical understanding of Audible Magic’s products.
- Develops an understanding of customer needs based on information collected internally (from business development, marketing, etc.) and through direct contact with the potential customer.
- Utilizes understanding of customer to help identify other opportunities and develop statement of work.
- Leads the pre-sales customer evaluations. Coordinates communications among Audible Magic departments and manages / reduces uncertainty associated with evaluation.
Ongoing technical support
- Develops partner relationship with customer and proactively manages accounts.
- Responds to complex customer issues by identifying / interpreting customer needs, determining how to resolve problem and setting appropriate expectations for next steps and ensuring that expectations are met / exceeded.
- Thoroughly documents / tracks customer issues to ensure accurate record of history and help identify product / process improvements.
- Follow-up to ensure issues are resolved.
- Additional qualifications include:
- Represents technical support and customer agenda in Product Teams and with other departments (e.g. Marketing, Sales).
- Represents customer and technical support requirements in the definition of new products and releases.
- Manages support inventory.
This position is located in Los Gatos, California.
Education / Experience: Degree / coursework in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical degree, or significant and relevant industry experience in lieu of a technical degree. 5+ years hands-on technical support experience with external customers or customer facing technical / field position.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experienced at managing customer relationships in pre-sales and post-sales situations
- Strong communication skills (listening, extract information, define customer needs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Some experience with networking and networking technologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, ambiguous technical problem solving environment
- Excellent judgment, organization and planning skills
- Ability to work effectively across departments, problem solving capabilities and positive can-do attitude.